From identifying the compound to its structural determination, researchers have to take recourse to analytical equipment today. Hence, analytical instruments play a vital role in the R&D of new molecules, processes and products. The Central Analytical Facility (CAF) of CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory is a sophisticated analytical facility that hosts an array of state-of-the-art analytical equipment. It is dedicated to providing high-quality analytical research and technical services, along with a high level of expertise and guidance to its users. It houses high-end mass spectrometers, electron microscopes (TEM/SEM/Confocal/Optical), X-ray diffractometers (Single crystal and powder), an X-ray photoelectron spectrometer (XPS), X-ray tomography, NMR (solution and solid states), IR, UV-Vis, Raman, Fluorescence spectrometers, and Thermal analysis equipment (STA, TGA, DSC). It has been established to cater to the analytical needs of the researchers at CSIR-NCL, as well as external researchers (universities, colleges, other research institutions, start-ups and industries). The main objective of creating this facility is to facilitate and enhance the equipment's utilization by providing users with uninterrupted and easy access. The scientists/staff associated with the facility are committed to delivering research collaboration, technical support, advice, education and training to researchers and external clients for their analytical needs. The facility accepts industry projects, consulting work, and general analytical services for external clients in various analytical techniques, including spectroscopy, thermal, chromatography, mass spectrometry, X-ray crystallography, electron microscopy, etc., on a chargeable basis. The internal users (CSIR-NCL) need to book their slots or submit their requisitions to access each facility through an online portal. At the same time, external users need to obtain the login/password after doing some paperwork at the center to book their slots. They can also directly contact the in charge of the specialized facility for consulting and interested analytical services. The goal of establishing this facility is to ensure that the wide array of state-of-the-art equipment present at CSIR-NCL can be seamlessly and effectively accessed for cutting-edge research by all researchers at this institute.
Dedicated high-quality analytical research and technical services using sophisticated analytical equipment
- Ease of Doing Business – Single Window System
- Streamline the Equipment Flow & Maximize the ROI/Utility Factor of Equipment
- Equip with the Latest Sophisticated Common Analytical Equipment
- Streamline the AMC/CMC for Uninterrupted Availability
- Comprehensive Analytical/Characterization Package & Attract Industry
- Consultation & Advisory
- To provide a single-window system for all the sample analyses, including sample submission, data collection/measurements and report dissemination.
- To enhance utilization factor & ROI by bringing the majority of the common analytical equipment under the CAF
- To provide easily accessible common space for the installation of common analytical equipment
- To bring similar analytical equipment under a common roof for smooth operation and maintenance.
- To acquire and develop the capability for preventive maintenance, testing and repair of instruments
- To have centralized AMC/CMC for the same equipment provided by the same vendor/manufacturer
- To organize short-term training/skill programs on the use and applications of various analytical instruments and techniques for research students, staff, scientists and personnel from other laboratories, universities, start-ups and industries.
- To encourage and promote in-house design and development of prototypes of common analytical equipment.