'JIGYASA' is a Student-Scientist connect program which was
launched on 6th July, 2017, by signing of MoU between CSIR and
KVS. The program aims to connect about 1151 Kendriya Vidyalaya’s
with 38 CSIR India Laboratories with an objective to target one lakh
students and 1000 teachers each year. This program is inspired by the Hon'ble Prime Minister
Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of a new India and Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR)
of Scientific Community and Institutions.
The program is one of the initiatives taken up by CSIR at national level, during the year of its
Platinum Jubilee Celebration. In doing so, CSIR is widening and deepening further its SSR.
The main focus is to connect school students and scientists for extending student's
classroom learning with well-planned research laboratory based learning. The program will encourage
curiosity and scientific temperament in the minds of the students.
CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory located in Pune, caters to the Kendriya Vidyalaya
Schools (KVS) from the Mumbai Region. This includes KV’s from all over Pune and nearby
locations. The detailed list is provided on:
Highlights of the Program at CSIR-NCL:
The Jigyasa program is broadened to accommodate students from nearby schools and colleges of Pune.
- At CSIR-NCL, Science Teachers are invited for training programs to better understand student pedagogy
- Quarterly visits of colleges and institutions are conducted to lab for touring the research facilities
- School students are especially invited to attend Events and Shows to gain experience of scientific research and on various topics of science and mathematics
- School students are invited once a month for participating in the Popular talk where they listen, get excited and have fun thus creating a complete culture of inquisitiveness, scientific ideas and enthusiasm
- Scientists also visit schools, colleges and institutes to deliver popular science talks .
The Jigyasa Program is funded by the CSIR-Government since August 2019.
Dr Wafia Masih
Jigyasa: Student-Scientist Connect Program
CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory
To know the more details of the activities carried out by the Jigyasa-Outreach of
Science to Society program at CSIR-NCL, Click Here